From: Sherman Haywood Cox II
Re: 6 Month "Supercharge Your Sermons" Training Program
Dear Fellow Preacher,
Constructing sermons is perhaps the most time consuming and difficult job for us preachers. But you can create a system that makes it easier. Just think about the profound ultimate benefit -
You learn a system to construct new and orginal sermons every week almost automatically.
And that system is "Supercharge Your Sermons"
Unfortunately, most of the homiletic approaches emphasize what the text "SAID" versus what the text "SAYS" today...
Why is that?
I'll let you in on a little secret...
Contructing sermons the traditional way provides good intellectual sermons, but they don't automatically connect to the people. Making those traditional sermons connect to the people is very HARD!
Yes there are superstars who can do this every week, but for the rest of us. We need a system that has congregational understanding and interaction built right in.
And I should know.
I've personally constructed sermons for the last 20 years. I read the books and followed the examples. But then I got ahold of the Black Preaching Tradition and have never looked back. You can find more information on my homiletic approach at SoulPreaching.Com.
When I tell you that connecting a traditional sermon to the people is hard work, I'm speaking from experience.
Let me explain why it's so tough...
5 Reasons Why Constructing a Sermon the Traditional Way is Very Hard Work
Traditional Sermons require removing yourself from the presentation. Great preaching is truth through your personality. However, traditional sermons assume that who you are does not affect the sermonic construction. Paradoxically, after totally ignoring yourself thorughout the process, you are told to place yourself back in the process at presentation.
2. Traditional Sermons don't worry about application until late in the process. We emphasize what the text said in the traditional approach. We spend much time trying to pull out what the text said. And then after determining what the text said, we attempt to apply the text today. But what if we don't see the application? We either force it to apply or we simply forget about application and assume that intellectual stimulation is enough.
3. Traditional Sermons only appeal to the intellect. Human beings are made up of both an intellectual and emotivel dimensions. If that is the case, then why do we only preach to the intellect?
4. Traditional Sermons do not necessarily have behavioral change as the objective. Some sermons seem to only pass on knoweldge. Their only purpose is to inform. Other sermons seem to encourage enlightenment. However, truly great sermons do more than enlighten or inform, they actually push for change in the hearer.
5. Traditional Sermons include a continual battle to keep the people listening. OK, you have worked hard to come up with this sermon, but now you have to get it heard. So what do you do? You come up with gimicks to try to help people listen. Some literally yell their voice away or whoop a conclusion irrelevant to their sermon to get the people back on board. Is this what good preaching consists of?
So, if "traditional" Sermons aren't the answer, what is? Good question...
The Easiest Way To Create Effective Sermons is to "Supercharge" Your Sermons
Definition: "Supercharged" Sermons
A "Supercharged Sermon" (SS) consists of sermons that directly connect to the people becuase they connect to the preacher. The preacher spends time connecting to the text, "experience the text" in a deeper level.
In a nutshell, here's what you'd do in supercharging your sermons...
1. Plan for an effective experience with God
2. Exegete with the mindset of understanding
3. Preach while attempting to convey that experience.
It's that simple.
And the benefits are the exact opposite of the barriers for traditional Sermons...
Supercharged Sermons make reference to the preacher in every phase of the preaching process! Who you are will affect your exegesis, sermon construction, planning, and presentation. The truth will come through your personality in a much more stronger way when you allow it to affect the whole process.
2. Supercharged Sermons allows application to guide the whole sermon construction process! Instead of waiting until the very end to apply the sermon to the people, the Supercharged Sermon allows the needs of the people to guide the whole process. So application is not a tacked on thing at the end, it is something that is at the core of the whole process.
3. Supercharged Sermons appeal to both Intellect and Emotive Dimensions of Humanity! People will remember the sermons becuase they will experience it in both the intellect and the emotive.
4. Supercharged Sermons are for behavioral change! There is an objective and that objective is changed people. Great preaching will be seen in the life of your people.
5. Supercharged Sermons have Congregational Understanding Built In! Here's the beauty of the "Supercharged Sermon" model: the people listen! Why? Because you have taken the concerns and hopes and pains from the people with you in the planning, exegesis, construction, and presentation.
Who wants to Supercharge Your Sermons?!
Introducing "Supercharge Your Sermons: Preachers in Training Program": A Step-By-Step, 26-Week Training Program For Planning, Constructing, and Preaching Effective Sermons!
I developed the Supercharge Your Sermons training program to teach you how to create your own "Supercharged Sermons" from scratch...
Every week for onehalf year (26 weeks) you'll gain access to another lesson. Each lesson will consist of a donwloadable audio and a textual lesson. Included in the lesson is an assignment for you to complete so you'll make progress every single week.
Over the coming 6 months we'll cover everything...
Purposeful Planning Effective Sermons!
Experiential Exegesis of the Text!
Sound Sermonic Structure!
Tantalyzing Sermonic Title!
Instead of publishing this in a ebook or physical book, I'm making it available to you week after week in action-sized portions so you'll actually get results.
You don't need another ebook to clutter up your computer or physical book to clutter up your bookshelf. What you need is a weekly "here's what you do next" action step to complete. What you need is for someone to show you how to quickly get started and then keep teaching you week after week so you don't get stalled along the way.
And that's exactly what I'm going to do when you join Supercharge Your Sermons .
As a member you'll receive ...
One Weekly Lesson For 26 Weeks in Downloadable PDF Format
Sometimes a 20-30min lecture Audio in Donwloadable MP3 Format
Every lesson is strategically created in such a way that you'll see results with the program...
Short And Easy To Digest.
These lessons are nothing but "meat." And if you don't like reading, you can listen to the audios of each lesson. There is a real problem today with too much information. I know you are a busy pastor, you need quick data. Each lesson is designed to give you exactly what you need so that you can quickly put it into practice.
Includes An Assignment To Complete.
Every weekly lesson will give you a number of assignments to complete at the close. Instead of telling you what I have done, you will receive exactly what you should do this coming week. Each week you'll have some easy-to-implement action step to complete before moving on.
Builds As You Go.
Every lesson builds on previous lessons. In the beginning we will discuss some of the basics to quickly create sermons. From there, we'll move into intermediate and then advanced tactics for multiplying and maximizing the effectiveness of your sermons. Beginners won't get lost from the start and veterans won't get bored as I'll throw in some golden nuggets along the way for our experienced crowd.
Forces You To Succeed Long-Term.
While many books pile on a bunch of information and leave you to put it all together for yourself, that isn't how things are setup in this training program. By giving you information in bite-sized portions for a half year (26 weeks!) you'll be more likely to actually do something with the content ... and you'll be more likely to see real results for yourself.
Helps You Make Real Progress.
Almost immediately your people will see a change in your sermons. When you look back after each month, you will be able to see concrete things that you have implemented that have taken your sermons into overdrive.
Each weekly lesson is designed to be immediately actionable.
The first lesson is coming your way immediately upon completing your order. Included in your first lesson...
Lesson #1 -
How to Implement The Black Preacher's Mindset!
The Steps to a Supercharged Sermon!
Special Supercharged Idea of the Week!
4 simple things to do to immediately place your sermons into overdrive!
You'll get this instantly after you join below. Everything you need to understand the concept and get started is included in just a few short pages.
The format is simple -
Lesson number one will explain a basic overview of the process.
Then, we'll take a handful of lessons to walk you through each of the initial steps with some "golden nuggets" on getting better and faster results ... with less work.
After that, we'll look at some advanced strategies for taking your Supercharged Sermons to the next level.
Intermingled throughout the series will be lessons on prayer, ministry, and other areas of ministry
Then, we'll close out at the end of our series with a big bang...
Want to know the best part? -
This Does not Cost a Ton of Money!
I am the web minister of SoulPreaching.Com. I would encourage you to visit there and look at my homiletic training methods. I have a Master of Divnity Degree from Vanderbilt Divinity School with an emphasis in Homiletics. I could be teaching homiletics right now with that kind of background, but have chosen to make my training available over the web.
Now, a seminary course could cost thousands of dollars. A Bible School course could cost hundreds of dollars. But I wanted to keep this program as inexpensive as possible. It is for that reason that I am not going to charge the thousands of dollars that I could charge for this program. Instead, I'm going to make it a no-brainer, and I'm going to make it downright affordable for every budget.
The price for a subscription to the Supercharge Your Sermons program is just $19 per month. While the program is 6 months in length, you can cancel anytime you choose.
What Will You Lose if You Don't Join the Course Now?
The Only Systematic African American Preaching course delivered over the web
Step by Step instruction in planning, constructing, and delivering sermons in the African American tradition
Your chance to join a seminary level course at a fraction of the cost only 79 49 dollars
Unadvertised bonuses that are worth the cost of the course